Got an ActiveX virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtraze

Baseband Member
Hello guys, I got infected by an activeX virus and I know its a malware.

Shows stupid warnings and tells me to download a paid anti-spyware product. hate this adware.

Somehow I have removed the popups but still it shows a false Alert like the WinXP alert and its kind of annoying.

I think the cause will be that my little bro or a friend tried to download a few cracks for some stupid game they're trying to play.

the question is,...
HOW TO REMOVE AN ACTIVEX VIRUS THAT RUNS IN MY TASKBAR ?

M$ has a malware remover. Try that first. Then AdAware, Spybot, BitDefender are some of the best at this task.

Thanks to Bitdiffender, I got rid of pop-up windows. But still that warning remains un touchable. Maybe that is a new kind of virus.

If anyone can suggest a way, I'll do it and see whether I have any luck.

Thanks for mentioning those pal.

Well I had this thingy, it's so annoying. But then I disabled some things from IE and everything got back to normal!

Try CCLeaner to get rid of the registry entries that it left behind.

Is there an extra icon in your taskbar that's similar to the windows firewall notification one (the little red shield with an X)? If so it's a specific virus, that has specific means of removing it effectively. It popped up on my computer once (someone executed the WRONG file in a crack zip), and it took me a good two days to remove, it was SOOO annoying, i got the popups every... ohh... 5 minutes (balloon popup from the task bar).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom