Google voice with small business

Alexffiala

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I have a client that is looking into Google voice for managing incoming calls for their business of less than 5 employees. I agreed with him that, if voice does what we need, then we should not go for a VOIP service.

Does anyone have experience with the following:

In-call routing:

A receptionist is able to answer a call, and then forward the call to another number via google voice.

Basically, I need to make sure that a receptionist can answer a call, and then route it after the caller says who they need to speak to. This is not call forwarding because call forwarding automatically forwards the google voice number to your cell phone or whatever.

Thank everyone!

I highly doubt Google Voice will have this option. Plain and simple Google Voice is a supplement or replacement to your Cell Phone number. You can either port your number to GV or get a GV number assigned to you and have that be in use with the GV App on your device.

There is no option to have 1 main number and then transfer the call to an extension on that same line or transfer that call to another number without using the Forwarding feature.

Back
Top Bottom