Google Earth - How do I view the ocean floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
This seems so hit or miss... I was at work (school district) with a teacher who wanted Google Earth installed. Okay, fine. I install it and I can't view the ocean yet the ocean box was checked. Weird. I went to my laptop when I got back to my desk and bam, it worked fine. Hmm? I installed it on my Ubuntu box at home and I was checking out shipwrecks and everything. Now, out of no where, I can't see anything under water on the same Ubuntu box.

What in particular must be checked in order to view things under water? I can't seem to figure it out, and google earth isn't exactly a rocket science program, as far as using it at least.

What in particular must be checked in order to view things under water? I can't seem to figure it out, and google earth isn't exactly a rocket science program, as far as using it at least.

Tanks, goggles, flippers, etc., :p JK, I don't know but it sounds interesting. I hope someone knows. Google Earth is easy to use as you said, Jayce. And I havent worked with the latest version of it. But I am interested to find out if someone does know. Good luck with it.

So is this on a Windows Box or a Ubuntu Box that this occurs? Cause it could be something specific to Ubuntu.

So is this on a Windows Box or a Ubuntu Box that this occurs? Cause it could be something specific to Ubuntu.

Windows 2k Pro HP Desktop - Didn't work at all.

Windows XP Pro Dell laptop - Worked, but didn't use it for that long.

Ubuntu Intrepid Desktop - Worked for a long time, then I closed Google Earth and worked on something else and later reopened Google Earth and tried to view stuff under water and suddenly I couldn't. It was very strange.

So it really doesn't seem to be Ubuntu or Windows related, but more along the lines of Google Earth itself. Maybe it's me goofing up, in fact I'm sure it probably is, I just can't iron it out and figured I'd ask.

Wait... why are you linking me to a dual boot link? I tested 3 different OS's all on different computers...

Sorry must have not copied teh link and it just pasted what i had on there from another topic. It is fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom