goodluck.exe outlook attachment

deenap

Beta member
Good day

Please could I find out something regarding a .exe file. I have received an attachment via email and its called goodluck.exe. When it was opened there were 5 roaches that start crawling all over the screen, double clicking them gets rid of them for that period, but after rebooting the pc it keeps coming back, also disabling it from startup just makes it create another goodluck.exe file that runs again.

Have you tried a malware scan? What antivirus are you running?

Be more careful of downloading email attachments or clicking random links in the future.

Hi

I use F-Secure Client Security. Infact the roaches js crawl about your PC but it doesn't do anything harmful to your files. Its just annoying and I can't seem to get rid of it, I disabled it from startup so manytimes and its as if it clones a new run at startup. Is there some way of detecting this file and deleting it?

Is it a free scan and then it requires registration to fix the problem?

Infact there were another site I googled and found that this is an application that people can download for fun but you can't get rid of it, will find the link again

Last edited by a moderator:
Fist off why would you open an attachment without knowing what it was? I don't care what the name of it is or who sent it. Always validate the contents of an attachment with the sender to make sure you know what you are getting and even after that, scan the file with software first before clicking on it.

Go into Safe Mode with Networking and from there run Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Hi , I did infact scan the mail contents and it came off clean. I will download the malware and run in safe mode and see if that helps. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom