Good video editing software for a n00b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I didnt know where to put this, because the media section was sound... so anyway

My friend wants to take videos from his phone, and clean them up. What is the best program to do this?

SSPX0101.3g2
that is the name of the video file from his phone. Thanks for the help. If you need any other information, ask. Thanks again!

Yeah, you'll have to get a program to convert from 3gp/3g2 to AVI or something similar. I use Total Video Converter for that.

Your friend better have a really nice phone with a very good camera (high megapixels) or else the video will have very poor quality at large resolutions on your PC.

Sony Vegas, just try it , you'll get the hang of it.
OT - Maka nice new sig.

Vegas is awesome. It's definitely one of the best out there for Windows. But it's very expensive and probably overkill for what he wants.

I would suggest converting the videos to wmv and trying Windows Movie Maker first, since it comes free with Windows. Then if that doesn't work, you can think about buying something. Windows Movie Maker is made to be simple to use. I don't think it does avi's, though. I think it mainly just takes wmv's. But you can always use your video converter software to convert your final wmv to something else.

Sony Vegas, just try it , you'll get the hang of it.
OT - Maka nice new sig.

Vegas is overkill honestly. I mean might as well say DVD Maker Pro.;)

If the file gets converted that is something different then. As NEro would work, or convertxtodvd among all the other apps that can do this type of thing. But the file would ahve to be converted first.

Thanks for the compliment. Made it myself.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom