Good Software to burn music to make an audio CD - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Good Software to burn music to make an audio CD

Until I purchased my new HP Laptop with Vista, I had a Gateway with XP.
I have an iPod and had all my music in iTunes.

Well, got my new laptop and downloaded iTunes and have learned by joining their forum and by first hand experience there is a huge bug where any version of iTunes 6 and higher will not let you burn a CD if you have Vista.
There is apparently a driver issue and iTunes doens't even recognize that my computer has a CD Burner.

It says ERROR: my DVD/CD drives were missing. Device manager shows a conflict or blockage causing the drivers not to start.

What other good free downloads or paid software is good that could recognize my huge 1400 song plus music library that will allow me to create and burn an audio CD to listen to?

It's been over a month and Apple just doesn't seem to be listening to the little minority of Vista people.

Welcome to KATCH Video Productions

Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Repeat Offender
Default Re: Good Software to burn music to make an audio CD

I like Audacity.

Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Good Software to burn music to make an audio CD

*Shrug* Windows media is already there... and it burns.

Heh, just realized you said you were using itunes lol. I dont know if Winamp supports it, but its nice.

Audacity is pretty cool as well :P.
Closed Thread