Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinroan

Solid State Member
8-SpeedUp WindowsXP deleting a key

Open Regedit
Goto HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace

delete the key named {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}.

Restart your computer.

1-UNLOAD DLL FROM MEMORY

When you close an application, Windows keep dll used in memory and it sadly slow down your computer...This tips consists in forcing the operating system to get rid of them when the DLL is not any more used.

Go in the registry base of windows ( Start , Execute , RegEdit )

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Explorer

Make a new Dword valor named AlwaysUnloadDll clicking with the right button in the right section , then choose the command New and Dword Valor.

Allocate to this chain the value 1
Restart your computer to save the changes.

9-Access fastly to HTTP servers

This tip consist in configuring the Registry to open more connection per server.
Open Regedit

GoTo HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings

In the right pannel , Make or Modify these Dwords valors :

MaxConnectionsPerServer : 4 (by default 2)
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server : 8 (by default 4)

Restart Your Computer
I was told this works, but is this a good idea?

i cant see why not eather but its never a good idea to edit the registry when you are inexpreienced and dont know what exactly the key does.

Ya...thats y i posted this here...i kinda hoped some1 here either knew what it did, or at least heard of doing this... :\

looking at the registry keys themselves i cant see anythinc catostrophic happening these are just settings nothing really terrible can happen from editing them as long as you follow that guide closley and dont accidently delete something else. good luck :)

thanks...thats what i thought myself, but im not very familiar with the windows regestry

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom