Good CPU temp monitoring program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All,I've been using Sandra to monitor temps with my video card and CPU, but with my new motherboard it doesn't show my CPU temps.

MSI P6N Sli-FI and a 7900GT KO

Any good simple programs I can use to monitor temps for these two? I was told on the MSI website to avoid using the programs that came with the motherboard.

Speed Fan
Everest

But as we all know Program readings are not as accurate as a thermal Probe. Same goes for Voltage readings and a digital multimeter.

Odd, I have tried all these programs now and I can't get any temp readings for my CPU and motherboard. They just don't seem to list the temp. Same thing with Sandra which I had been using for a couple of years, I switched to a new motherboard and can't get any temp readings for CPU/board. I must be doing something wrong here... In the BIOS temps look fine, but I like to keep something on the desktop to check temps from time to time, especially since this is a new build.

You could try a BIOS Flash, that may allow the programs to properly read the Temps.

But that is odd, at least one of the many programs out there should work..

Others are:
ITE SmartGuardian
Core Temp
Intel Thermal Analysis Tool

Core Temp worked perfectly :) It's an extremely hot day but each core is around 31C which to me is fine considering how hot it is :) E6400 not OC.

I did one bad BIOS flash once and I'm terrified to do them now... Terrified... Couldn't ever get the board to POST again.

Thanks, Ste and Camouflage.

Core Temp worked perfectly :)
I did one bad BIOS flash once and I'm terrified to do them now... Terrified... Couldn't ever get the board to POST again.

Thanks, Ste and Camouflage.

Thats the only problem with flashing a BIOS, if the flash is interrupted in any way, say good bye to that motherboard....

But, I have flashed many BIOS's.. Never had that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom