Is it good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
As some of you may notice, I am missing something in my sig... my p2 mobo died. I sold the entire package and another incomplete set to a friend for another computer, a shuttle. he installed a program on it called SpeederXP, and I wanted to get the forum's ideas on the accelerator software. is it good on my computer? what exactly does it do?

seems to be a file that is mainly used for cheating in games.
I do not believe it actually does anything speed wise, but merely "hacks" the redraw settings, making things look like they move faster, making animations animate faster.

I found this:
---
guillerockJul 1 2005, 11:22 PM
This programa in theory boots the pc speed, but i have read many problems about this,
The ewido security suite finds a lots of trojan spy.legmir in this program.
What you you think about this'
Anyone have test it?
What is trojanspy.legmit?
---

so you may want to scan it

various searches:
[Program] Hack your speed with SpeederXP

to me it's a bad thing

my friend who put it on my puter said that he noticed increases in x-fer rates. I'll do some data files to a USB and see if it actually does, manually timing rather than going off what is being told. thanks for the flag, (20GB seems to be good enough for testing software, and I'll continue to use it for that)

my friend who put it on my puter said that he noticed increases in x-fer rates. I'll do some data files to a USB and see if it actually does, manually timing rather than going off what is being told. thanks for the flag, (20GB seems to be good enough for testing software, and I'll continue to use it for that)

I don't think that's right, though. I think the program screws with the timer or something. On their web site, the FAQ says that the speed increases you see in P2P transfers are not real; it's not really going as fast as what it says. So that probably applies to all transfers for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom