Gmail's Desktop Notification in chrome ?

carnageX
As it says, the default is to ask permission for a site to display a notification. Do I check or uncheck it ?

Step 6 tells you what to choose, and gives you 3 options. As it says, the default is to ask permission for a site to display a notification.

Neither - it's already pre-selected for you. That's what the filled in circle signifies.

After making sure that option is selected, then you need to enable the notifications in GMail, per the other set of instructions I posted.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1075549?hl=en

1. Go to GMail's settings
2. On the General tab in the "Desktop Notifications" section, click the "Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail." link
3. Click the circle next to "New mail notifications on - Notify me when any new message arrives in my inbox or primary tab" so it's filled in
4. Scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes"

NOTE:
You need to be signed in to Gmail and have Gmail open in your browser to see desktop notifications.

Last edited:
You'll need to specify exactly what isn't working for us to help.

Are you keeping your browser window open? Are you keeping GMail open inside the browser? Are you signed into GMail still?

You need to make sure you're doing all of that so it will trigger the desktop notifications from Gmail, through Chrome, and then to the notification application.

carnageX I am keeping your browser window open keeping GMail open inside the browser I am signed into GMail still yes

You need to make sure you're doing all of that so it will trigger the desktop notifications from Gmail, through Chrome, and then to the notification application. yes I did could I please send you screenshots of my set up

Back
Top Bottom