Gmail's Desktop Notification in chrome ?

The link that I posted has step-by-step instructions to do so.

Under the "Allow or block notifications from all sites" heading, expand the "Windows and Mac" option and it shows step-by-step instructions on how to enable in Chrome.

1. carnageX are theses directions for Windows for in chrome what do I check or uncheck
  2. Open Chrome.
  3. In the upper right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
  4. Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
  5. In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
  6. In the dialog that appears, go to "Notifications" and choose one of the following:
    • Allow all sites to show notifications: You'll automatically see notifications from all websites.
    • Ask when a site wants to show notifications: You'll get an alert from Chrome whenever a site wants to show you notifications. This is the default setting.
    • Do not allow any site to show notifications: You won't see any notifications from websites.
You can also block any sites, apps, and extensions that already have permission to send you notifications. Just click Manage exceptions.
Expand the notification area on Windows

If you're using Windows, you might not see the notification icon
PQqK9FdQxRC8KzuMAu5Fx5oJhyHn6AsgmfwtXT2KYpaxs2HHk0ZaDz0ZLBGNy39i1nq6vV7e=w28
. To see notifications:

1. Open Chrome.
  2. Go to the bottom right corner of your screen and click the up arrow.
  3. Click the notification icon
    PQqK9FdQxRC8KzuMAu5Fx5oJhyHn6AsgmfwtXT2KYpaxs2HHk0ZaDz0ZLBGNy39i1nq6vV7e=w28

Yes, those are the instructions for Chrome on Windows.

Step 6 tells you what to choose, and gives you 3 options. As it says, the default is to ask permission for a site to display a notification.

So when you go to GMail it should ask if you want to receive notifications if you follow the instructions I previously posted. Here's the link again:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1075549?hl=en

Back
Top Bottom