girl in peril! needs email bounceback advice! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxeiRoxei

Beta member
Hey everyone! I was hoping someone would be able to help me here. :( I keep trying to send an extremely important email out, thought it won't send! at first when I read this bounceback I thoguht the mailbox I was attempting to send it too did not exist, though I checked the mail ID's availability and it is not available, it still used. Though thats not the funny part. The funny part is that when I attempt to send the email around about 5 times usually the sixth or seventh time, it sends and i do not get a bounceback! it varies. Has it sent????? The funny part also is that my friend can send an email with no bounceback! Its a very obscure set up...for your perusal, I have attached the bouncebacks details. I know that 5.5.0 means that it doesnt exist (doesnt it?) but how can it send sometimes and how can my friend email the addess without a bounceback? Someone suggested a progam called Spam Cop may be the culprit and that becuae I am not in the persons addressbook as yet, my swedish name is being filtered as spam. :S Please help out this girl in peril! Anyhelp would be sooo GREATLY appreicated!!!! (p.s i am not sure if this is important but I am sending from a hotmail domain to a hotmail domain.)

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

I would guess that is correct. You are either being filtered as spam, or you have firewall or A/V rules that are blocking that email.

Oh thank you for your reply! :D Though how do I overcome this? Is there anyway I can stop being filtered as spam??

xxxxx

Hello,

This without a doubt is being caused by either a firewall or a spam blocker. Even if the name is not available does not mean it is in use. Who knows if hte person who created the account even bothers to check it. ;)

If you have Spam Cop installed. Removed it. Then try. If not check to make sure that your email filters for your firewall are set up right.

Can also try going through a web based interface with like GMail or Hotmail to send it. Then nothing on your machine can stop it.

Cheers,
Mak

Oh thank you for your reply! :D Though how do I overcome this? Is there anyway I can stop being filtered as spam??

xxxxx

There is no way to stop yourself from being filtered as spam. You would have to contact the email provider and find out why you are being filtered and be put on a temp non-spam list till they can assure you are not a spammer.

All of which takes time and a lot of communication. I know i have had to do it with Hotmail.

cheers,
Mak

Hello,

It may not have sent if you did not recieve a bounceback. Could be that the server timed out with all the requests and just never processed the bounceback.

Hotmail does not have a Login checker like MySpace. If you are lucky and know if they have a Windows Live Spaces you can see if they are online. But you can not check to see when the last time they logged in was.

Depending on who you send email to they could have a spam blocker in place. Almost all ISP, and web based email's have them now. Some are better than others. So it could very well be that you are blocked at the server adn they never recieve it.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom