Ghosting windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, you could just set up a dedicated machine, a vista machine, and install ghost 14.0 on that. The hook the win7 drive up, and boot into vista, have ghost clone that drive, or make an image of it... I have done that with xp/vista and so on in the past, and I usualy get a good image that is useable and lets you boot when you reimage the drive... Other wise, wait for 15.0...

well its been working now i have ghosted 6 machines and still no errors. i am using one right now! i just needed to install some drivers on the ghost server and that was it. no problems no issues. i look at it like this if i was able to ghost vista win 7 is based off the same platform why not 7? just need to find the drivers needed for it and go from there. in my case it was a NIC driver i was missing and thats why it didn't boot into the PreOS but now its good! and i am super happy and super win! :)

well its been working now i have ghosted 6 machines and still no errors. i am using one right now! i just needed to install some drivers on the ghost server and that was it. no problems no issues. i look at it like this if i was able to ghost vista win 7 is based off the same platform why not 7? just need to find the drivers needed for it and go from there. in my case it was a NIC driver i was missing and thats why it didn't boot into the PreOS but now its good! and i am super happy and super win! :)

Who said 7 and Vista were based off of the same platform? To my knowledge, 7 (under the hood) is completely revamped, despite it still appearing like Vista.

If Microsoft announced proudly that 7 was based on Vista, everyone would run for the hills. I do think things got a major overhaul with 7 in regards to its similarity/differences to Vista.

well it doesn't matter it worked for me and its working fine i am imaging another machine as we speak with no issues or flaws! thats all i needed to worry about!

well it doesn't matter it worked for me and its working fine i am imaging another machine as we speak with no issues or flaws! thats all i needed to worry about!

At the end of the day - what you just said is all that matters. If the job gets done, it gets done. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom