"Ghost" cd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

udsuna

Solid State Member
Ok, my computer (millenium) seems to think I have two disk drives. The original 'M' drive, I have. But I can't begin to guess why it thinks I have a 'D' drive as well. This wouldn't be so much the problem, but it always defaults to the 'D', and expects my disks to come from there.
How do I stop this stupid machine from thinking it has an extra disk drive? I've tried the device manager, and removing it through there, but it doesn't work.

Not recently, no. I re-installed my MSN messanger, that was the newest thing. Oh, and a copier/printer/scanner device. Nothing that uses those things.
And even if I did, shouldn't there be a way to delete the drive, and then see if a program 're-installs' it when activated? 'twould be nice.

go to system properties, and check for the HARD DISK properties, if you see the D:\ just remove it

In as much as it will allow me to access my normal disk drive when it doesn't have a cd... It's being treated like I have two drives, nothing more, nothing less. Except, I don't have a different disk drive. Or, at least, I don't have a physical counterpart for the appearant electronic one.

Yeah, it does, and again with the part where it doesn't seem to realize what I want. I've de-activated everything I can about this "new" drive, but my computer is being dim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom