Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuminatus

Solid State Member
I just got a copy of Nortons Ghost 2003. I wanted this so that I could make my own reformat disks in case anything ever happes to my comp. Can somone please explain to me how to create a bootable format disk using Ghost because I'm having trouble creating one. thanks in advance.

hmmm, Ghost. My favorite program. Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways... 1, 2, .....

Bored @ work

sorry, I was really bored yesterday. Spending 12 hours in a chair in remote Alaska isn't my idea of the best situation.

I have used Ghost for a few years now and have found a deep respect for the way this program works.
To get started you really need to create an image of your system. That is the first step. Next is to work out how to create the bootable CD/DVD. The trouble with our large format harddisk is that if you stick much on them, it's tough to get it all to fix on a CD. DVD is the better media anyway. If you have a network drive, then you can use that as well, as it is pretty quick to just image/reimage off of a network.
Creating a bootable DVD/CD isn't all that tough. Ghost even ships with a tool to do it for you. It should be on the start menu. I can't recal what it is called though...
hmmm.
does that help?

yes thank you that does help explain a little. I watched the tutorial it comes with but the part i didn't understand was where they were saying someting about firewire and they never really showed how to make a boot cd even though that is what the tutorial was supposed to do. I would really appreciate it if somone could guide me through step by step how to make a backup recovery cd...thanks in advance:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom