GF deleted desktop icon in windows explorer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKSF1

Solid State Member
So the other day my gf was trying to save some school work and accidentally deleted the desktop icon in that window instead of saving a file. How do I get that back? It is also gone from windows explorer.

System Restore would bring it back, but you may be able to do it without having to resort to that. Again, what icon?

Lets say when you go to save a MS Word file and go to "save as" a window opens and you choose where you want to save the file. You can choose My Docs.. and such, there is a quick link button there that is to save things to the desktop(in windows 7 it is the first option on the left) she deleted that option.....she also deleted the recycle bin on her vista laptop but thats an easy fix and not the problem. Anyways its like a shortcut instead of navigating to C:>Users>(username)>Desktop

If you need more clarity let me know

Lets say when you go to save a MS Word file and go to "save as" a window opens and you choose where you want to save the file. You can choose My Docs.. and such, there is a quick link button there that is to save things to the desktop(in windows 7 it is the first option on the left) she deleted that option.....she also deleted the recycle bin on her vista laptop but thats an easy fix and not the problem. Anyways its like a shortcut instead of navigating to C:>Users>(username)>Desktop

If you need more clarity let me know

1. To create back a shortcut to you Desktop so it shows in the links section.
Go into the User's folder -> Create a shortcut of the "Desktop" Folder (Green box) and move it into the "Links" Folder (Red box).

ok5y7s.jpg

2. To restore the Recycle Bin back on the desktop in Vista.
Right click the desktop -> select Personalization -> Change Desktop Icons.

111v53m.jpg

Thanks so much, I swear by this site now. every techie problem I have had I have come here and always gotten the answers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom