Getting windows vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet-X2

Baseband Member
How much do you have to pay to get Windows Vista Beta 2, Also if I get it would it interfere with some of the games I play? BF2? and Oblivion, Doom 3, etc. I'm not sure if the games are compatible with windows vista. Anyway, do you think it would be safe installing it if I don't have an XP Disc, because my PC came with XP Pre-built.

MSDN "Operating Systems" Subscription [Western Europe (English) DVD] - £551.08

MSDN "Library" Subscription [All Languages DVD] - £157.45

MSDN "VS Pro + MSDN Pro" [Western Europe (English) DVD] - £945.88

MSDN "VS Pro + MSDN Premium" [English DVD] - £1970.48

MSDN "VS Team For Testers + MSDN Premium" [English DVD] - £4312.25

*VAT already included in prices

Vista beta 2 is coming out for public release so it will be free, you just have to wait a little longer.

Warez Monster said:
MSDN "Operating Systems" Subscription [Western Europe (English) DVD] - £551.08

MSDN "Library" Subscription [All Languages DVD] - £157.45

MSDN "VS Pro + MSDN Pro" [Western Europe (English) DVD] - £945.88

MSDN "VS Pro + MSDN Premium" [English DVD] - £1970.48

MSDN "VS Team For Testers + MSDN Premium" [English DVD] - £4312.25

*VAT already included in prices

Not trying to be rude however, your profile says your from Kentucky but you are mesuring the MSDN subscription in Euros, might I ask why? I dont think a programmers comunity is worth that much. I am a beta tester for MS (Though they didnt let me test Vista :( and I get almost all the Beta software anyways LOL so I wouldnt pay for an MSDN subscription, for any and all help I need with programming, I ask people on Online Forums, they are much better at helping out :)

Vista is coming out to the Public. I have heard somewhere between the 7th and the 10th of June so just wait a little longer.

As for the question of what games it can play. None. It used DX10 which is not supported by any games. I have personally loaded Doom 3 and got a BSOD when i tried to run it. So if Doom 3 wont play then i doubt any other games will since Doom 3 is one of the older games.

I wouldnt recommened installing Vista until After you get a copy of XP. Since it is a Beta it is prone to crash more often. Plus being a gamer you wont be able to use it for gaming. I would stick with XP till Vista is a little closer and can actually run some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom