Getting sick of these unknown problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-1-31-2009-a-165828/

That is the spyware guide. check disk /f goes beyond the /r parameter. Using jsut /r will repair any bad sectors. Using the /f will fix them by moving the data off of them and marking them bad so they are not used again by the OS.

That is my understanding of them.

Also being that you just reinstalled doesnt mean anything mate. With the things you are downloading you could have easily gotten infected.

Having these problems right after i intalled?? Hmm, i tryed installing a photoshop i downloaded, right after i reinstalled. Same problem.
Played CS: Source, froze again after a minute, my installs were still failing.
My xp home is legit.

It sounds to me more like a faulty hard drive, to be honest the OEM tools from seagate an Samsung etc are rubbish an don't perform full tests, do a non destructive read an write test from the PC tools suite that is on the Heirens boot disk.

Yes. You can be infected as soon as you go on the internet if you do not take the right steps to protect yourself.

Having your net connection disabled when you install, installing a AV and Firewall right away and then turning the net back on and updating them is the best thing you can do.

The files themsleves could already be corrupted from your previous install. Which would cause them not to work on this install. If you had issues before you reinstalled and you saved some of the files from that install they could very well still be corrupted.

Great so 100gb of game installs and program installs could be stuffed... This stuff took me years to get and i've kept them ever since.

Okay, ill give that a go. See how it goes and i'll tell you.

Okay, just tried to download Heirens boot disk . It downloaded, guess what CRC error while trying to extract the iso!! See what i mean!

Well cause you dont Extract ISO files. You burn them as is. That would be the first problem. 2nd i dont know why if it is believed that the hard drive is having issue why you would continue to try and download stuff when everything else you try is corrupted. It doesnt make sense.

This is how you burn ISO files.

Burning ISO Images with ImgBurn - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Well, that is because i don't know the exact problem that is why i still download, and i was trying to extract the iso from the zip file, i know how to burn iso, when it was trying to extract the iso from the zip file it came up with the CRC mismatch error..

I ran chkdsk/f in the cmd promt and it said that it will have to schedule one next restart, i did it, and i couldn't read the results because it restarted a second after it showed thre results. So i tried to download Heirens boot disk again, failed to extract the files from the zip.
Going to try again using my other network adaptor, see if that does anything, if that fails, i'll try my other OS vista on the other drive, surely both drives wouldn't be stuffed.

Well at this point there isnt much more we can say. Cause everything you download is corrupt. So we cant ask you to get SpintRite and burn it. OR Hirens or BartPE. Cause they will just end up corrupt.

At this point your best bet is going to be get a new HDD and use this one as a slave drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom