Getting Rid Of Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Shuvit

Beta member
I am getting really irritated with the way that everything on my computer is getting. I would like to restore my computer to day one. I want to get ready of everything and restore it to its original condition with no programs, just Windows XP and nothing else. I have a copy of Windows XP on CD still, but I don't have a factory restore disk or anything else. The computer was built by a friend, so it didn't come with one. Can anyone tell me how to restore it with nothing but a copy of Windows XP on CD?

what exactly r u getting tired of on ur computer? could it be spyware maybe? i guess the real questoin is why format and reinstall it just leaves your computer open for attack.

You can check if a restore point from day 1 has been saved and restore to it. You can also do a format but I don't think u want to loose all files.

I want to lose all files. I am tired of fragments of programs that are gone slowing my PC down. I am tired of spyware and adware. I am tired of turning my computer on to find out that 1000 drivers are missing. There are so many problems with my computer that I am not trying to fix it. I can reload all the software I use, which is only 6 programs. I want to wipe it clean. Tell me how to do it.

You can format during XP installation. Boot with the CD and you will be given an option to format the drive.

Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from CD-ROM as primary boot device.

Wow, I am new around here but :O seems like every other post is about how to reformat with XP. Lol...

yes! you can formated the harddisk when you reinstall the windows,or give your hardisk a new partition table using fdisk before you install windows, or just format the system partition before you install a new system. It seems a good choice.

Download Tune Up Utilites 2004, it will repair your registry and fix fragmented files from programs among other things to make your computer run faster. Google it or catch me on AIM...

"vic on aim"

It's ten times better the reformatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom