Getting rid of all the startup programs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
I am running windows XP in a system I built and there are so many things running when I start up that the screen saver wont even start. How can I get rid of all the un needed programs from auto starting.

I deleted them out of the start up folder but still lots on there.

go to start, run type msconfig, go to startup click disable all except your antivurs and reboot

i dont agree with that , what about the firewall? and other programs that he might wanna have on startup , btw you can hide inactive/certain taskbar icons start-->settings-->taskbar and start menu-->
tick "hide inactive icons" and click "customize"

whats not to agree with? the only programs you need there are essential programs like AV and FW

well i didnt agree regarding antivirus only , as for essential thats what i basicly meant but essential also depends on the users point of view sure av/fw are essential but are they the only essential softwares? i guess that depends on personal preferences & the other softwares going on startup

For me, the absolute basic needs are my AV, FW, mouse driver, and broadband driver.

Anything else is just stuff.

you need mouse drivers and broadband drivers in your startup? Have you tried it without them? I said av because most people dont use a firewall

use tea timer of spybot to stop anything for ever entering the startup.

I run my a/v, firewall, email, ipod and media center features in my backgroung.

that's my preference

you need mouse drivers and broadband drivers in your startup?

It's an IBM mouse, so if I want to use the side button and wheel, yeah.

Turns out CFD.exe ain't a driver, but is used for troubleshooting DSL problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom