Getting dynamic ip to be static??

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, as some of you might already know, i am trying to set up a server on my pc. The little problem is that my ip address is dynamic. As long i i stay connected, the ip will not change, but when i get disconnected, and reconnect, the ip changes. I have tried changing the settings in router from dynamic pppoe to static pppoe, but this did not change anything, when i got disconnected, then reconnected, the IP had changed.

If i cant get a static Ip without paying extra money, what are the alternative methods for setting up aserver on a dynamic ip?

there is software out there that will update anything that depends on your ip with ur new ip address each time it changes, all happens automatically, i'll try to find out where i found that info if this is what ur looking for, my mate uses it for gaming servers and teamspeak stuff

thanks ekaesin. Yea to get static at SBC is 75 $ for a 3 mbit coonection, it sonly 35 when it dynamic.

And for those programs i know them, there no-ip, or dynip. I was just wondering tho

Damn that's expensive, you might want to stick with no-ip or dyndns.org. You can still use your own domain name I'm sure, but why bother spending more money? I say go the cheapest route, free :)

hehe, ya thats expensive. Il go with one of those 2 programs, now i need to think of a domain name, lmao. I know were ima buy it: www.my-own-email.net its like 7:85 per year, hehe.

My site is gona be about technology. Ima have done designing stuff, some PC stuff, and i might also have some pics of random stuff, maybe like partyt pics or school stuff for the guys at my school to check out.

Any suggestions :D
I came up with a few:
ToastTech.con or .net
U-ToastOnline.com or .net
U-ToastGFX.com or .net
ToastGFX .com or . net

Help me think of something! hehe Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom