Getting Dolby Digital 5.1 in games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Is there such thing as a dolby digital encoder? As now I have to use my surround sound to get sound, I would like it to be decent 5.1.

The surround sound is connected via opticle. I have all the sound settings as 6 channel audio, and I get 5.1 sound in movies, but not in games such as half life 2, so is there anything I can download to encode the sound to dolby digital for my surround sound to decode.

The surround sound reciever supports dolby digital and dts.

Thanks, Trif.

uhmmm............. I don't think there's an encoder needed. Maybe if you have Integretaed audio.

I get dolby digital 5.1 in movies, as I can tell it to send data through the opticle cable, instead of audio. Is there a way to use that for the sound?

You would need to use an Digital cable such as an Optical or Digital Coaxial cable in order to get use of the docoders (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS).
I don't think you can get true Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS etc in any games unless the games have the option, like some PS2 games, but you may be able to use Pro Logic II (if your sound system has it) to simulate the 5.1
I hope this had any relevance to what you were asking.
Good luck

I have a opticle cable, I get dolby 5.1 in movies on my pc, but not games.

I was hoping for something more than pro logic 2, but I will settle for it if dolby digital isn't in pc games yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom