Getting Deus Ex to install/run on a modern computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
Has anyone done it? Doers anyone know how?

I remember on my old laptop (2.2GHz P4, half a gig of RAM and a cheapo onboard Intel graphics chip), it ran too fast for the game, and the game was madly accelerated to the point where the cutscenes made no sense and the gameplay was impossible (NSF on the first level were hypersonic ninjas who would kill you instantly if you walked into their line of sight)

My friend has a similar rig to my current one, and he said he couldn't even get Deus Ex to RUN on his E6600.

Now I've tried it on mine... near the end of the installation, the installer hung... I spent a good 20 minutes trying to force quit it and get Windows to start responding again (task manager wouldn't open, and my dock froze), and was about to shut off the power when I hit the CD eject button and it finally exited.

It still installed, though... well, mostly, I think. I managed to find the executable and run it, but then it said I had to insert my CD, and inserting my CD didn't do anything... it still said insert CD.

HDTP wouldn't install, because it didn't detect the game, or thought it hadn't been run to initialize first - it didn't specify which.

So... how can I play Deus Ex on my new rig?

To be honest, I'd settle for a wallpaper... all I really wanted to play it for was a screenshot of the sculpture at versalife for that purpose... I have the better-graphics PS2 version for when I want the standard gameplay (though it lacks all the fun mods) oh well.

My computer's not new, but it's a lot faster then your old one, and the game runs fine on my computer. But mine was a downloaded version so who knows. But it was on xp not vista. I never tried playing through the vista partition.

I'm on XP, so that's ok... where did you get your version? or is it not one you can talk about here?

Your specs (in your sig) aren't that much lower than mine, so if it worked for you... dunno.

I got it off of bittorrent. I didn't have any problems with speed. Have you tried reinstalling it? Maybe it was just a one time thing. But yeah I didn't have any hangups installing that I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom