Getting Back OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) HP will charge you for it I don't know how much but I would say more costly than not.
2) Any Vista disk will do ask any computer shop that dose repairs they might be able to pass you a copy for the cost of a disk.
3) Sorry i miss read it but if i am right your asking if this is a warrinty job well most of the time its not coverd so they expect you to foot the bill for any repairs.

Please don't use PC world they are one of the worst rip offs out there, use the little local guys like myself we normally have faster turn around times an do a better job.

Well here is my question. If you have a XP Disc. Why not just format and reinstall that? Why go thru all this trouble to try and get Vista back when you clearly dont want it? All you will do is complicate matters more...

1.) will cost you more money than you want.
2.) Can also use this option for XP....
3.) If you got it via HP you should still have it under warrenty to get it fixed.

yes exactly, you have XP, you want to run XP.. So what is the problem? If you're running into problems installing XP we can probably help.

When I attempted installing XP on Compaq computer [I believe compaq and HP are the same company now] I had to change the Harddrive settings,

Go into the Bios, and change the Harddrive settings from IDE to Raid, or Raid to IDE, I can't remember which way round it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom