Genuine Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrCoffee said:
Good ole acronis trueimage, whouldn't be without it. buts whats wrong with an OEM copy of XP home?

I have an OEM copy of home installed on 4 computers and it works just fine, no hassle from WGA. 1 of the computers isn't even mine, its my ex-girlfriends.. doubt she uses it much though.

yeah. all you have to do is tell them the right lie

If you bought an OEM disk from a store like newegg or tigerdirect than that's ok, but the license only requires you to install it on one machine. But if it's like an OEM from Dell that came with your Dell or HP or Sony..then it won't work..install won't even work. You can't even use the key too. So you need to buy another OEM disk from a retailer.

Unless you have some kind of corporate license volume to install on multiple computers..I've seen at my college, M$ still reports some instances of Windows XP on Vmware as not genuine version..then later the message would go away...strange. They're having a lot of problems with the WGA software.

Law said:
If you bought an OEM disk from a store like newegg or tigerdirect than that's ok, but the license only requires you to install it on one machine. But if it's like an OEM from Dell that came with your Dell or HP or Sony..then it won't work..install won't even work. You can't even use the key too. So you need to buy another OEM disk from a retailer.

Unless you have some kind of corporate license volume to install on multiple computers..I've seen at my college, M$ still reports some instances of Windows XP on Vmware as not genuine version..then later the message would go away...strange. They're having a lot of problems with the WGA software.

gateway's oem works on others computers. most companies like dell, hp and compaq use a corperate version to network install xp. then they throw a regular serial on the side.

that's one reason the ms is telling many legitmate computer that they are not geniuine.

EricB said:
gateway's oem works on others computers. most companies like dell, hp and compaq use a corperate version to network install xp. then they throw a regular serial on the side.

that's one reason the ms is telling many legitmate computer that they are not geniuine.

That probably explains why the licence key on the sticker on my IBM laptop isnt the key that its installed with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom