Genuine or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brenbo

Beta member
Hi,
Just wondering are these messages genuine that pop up when I surf the net or are they some form of adware or spyware because they direct me to non Microsoft sites. A number of different type of message boxes pop up saying there are registry problems or critical system errors
Should I download these patches ???
if no. how do I stop them from popping up?
Thanks,

The sites are:
www.spw5.com
www.wupdate.net
www.fixwinreg.com
www.ms-fix.com

Attachments

• screenshot3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 77
Really never have I recieved a message like that after I upgrade. I only get them right after a reformate.

Warez Monster said:
Everyone does not get those and even with the updates, you will still get them but not as much. You need to disable windows messenger. Go to start, run, type msconfig, go to services and disable it there and then download this:

Disable Messenger Service (Pop-up Spam)

This is right, I am guessing you dont have a router and are dirrectly innto a DSL or Cable modem,

Hm, I did updates on mine like Shawn said. I also download Lavasoft Adaware 6. It's free for personal use. It took my spyware away in a few scans, because it doesn't pick up everything in one scan. It took me 3 Smart Scans (quick) 2 Full System Scans (eh, depending on how many files you have).

Start > Run...
Type services.msc, then in the new window that comes up, scroll down to Messenger, double click it and select Disable in the Startup type: drop-down menu, click OK and you're done.

TMT. :cool:

never have intrernet connect while reformatting. when you are done. install your a/v & firewall, then hook the net up and download your windows updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom