Geforce 7600 GS driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
I've looked on the nvidia site and i don't see the driver thats meant for this card. all i see is for the 8800 series and the go 7 series and plain geforce, but when chosing the go 7 series it says it's for GO 7800/7900. I don't think i have a go version either, just plain series 7. anyone know which drib\ver i'm suppose to get? I currently installed the one on the cd that was with this card (v.96.89)

Your card is a GeForce so those are the drivers you want. As long as they are labeled for the GeForce series they are what you need. You wont find specific driver labeled just for your card since nVidia has a large selection of cards called GeForce and it would be way to big a list to have them all there.

Ok thanks for the reply. I just thought there was suppose to be a compatibility list or something since radeon does do it by series. Also when i tried google i saw some people download the driver for the 8800.

edit: my bad. there was a pdf filewith the compatibility list. although it was somewhere in the middle.

edit2: now another problem has reared his head. When i play a game everything works fine but when i play a video everything tends to go extremely slow. basically freezes the computer. i've tried google and there was a solution where u go into troubleshooting and turn of hardware acceleration or something when watching a video and turning it on when playing games. this is a solution but not really an acceptable one. Anyone got an idea to fix this? I have updated the driver and no improvements.

I'm running xp with sp2

edit: After a lot of searching and trying out stuff it seems that the drivers 9.xx are the problem. After I installed an 8.xx driver everything seems to work fine. This basically means I can't update my drivers anymore though. But if everything works just fine iI guess I don't really mind.

edit2: I'm going crazy. After downgrading my driver everything seemed fine but when i tried to watch a streaming video my computer crashed. New drivers won't work. Old ones won't work anyone? Oh yea, and when I've uninstalled all drivers I am able to watch video's and streaming vids.

My card is the XFX Geforce 7600 gs 256 mb AGP
System:
P4 3.2 ghz
1 gig mb ram
Asus P4S800 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom