gateway desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Shippy

Beta member
I need a set of restore disk for a gateway that is out of warenty.
Any suggestions on where I can get a set of disk?

I went to gateway web site and they said they had been sold to someone else and they sent me to there site and I sent an e-mail and never received a reply and so I called and they played a recording that they was in chapter 11 bankrupsey.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of restore disk for a gateway computer???
Kyle

Well sadly Gateway was bought out and that company went under. So your best option is gonna be to find some one else who has the discs you need. Maybe on ebay or Amazon? What OS restore disks you looking for? Vista or XP? Do you have the Recovery Partition on the drive?

This machine has no disk with it
model is MFATXPNT YKT 500X P04
serial number is 1129458731

I would like to completly format the drive and just start all over agin
However I am going to need all the computer drivers.
I have the windows sticker with the windows numbers on it.

My question is if I find disk that orignaly came from a different computer with the same model number will they work to do a complete format???
Thankyou for the reply I was going to go to e-bay then wasn't sure anything I got from there would work.
Kyle

Well sadly Gateway was bought out and that company went under. So your best option is gonna be to find some one else who has the discs you need. Maybe on ebay or Amazon? What OS restore disks you looking for? Vista or XP? Do you have the Recovery Partition on the drive?

Since it is a Gateway all you need is OEM Media to match your OS. So what version of Windows do you have? XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home Basic, Vista Home PRemium, Vista Ultimate, Vista Business?

Need some details!

The gateway computer has windows xp home installed

I am not to sure of some of this stuff and I appreciate all the help.
I have built computers and reformated and installed windows several times.
What I am consernd abouit is making sure I get all the drives for the computer componits. Such as monitor, sound card, mother card etc.
Kyle

Since it is a Gateway all you need is OEM Media to match your OS. So what version of Windows do you have? XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home Basic, Vista Home PRemium, Vista Ultimate, Vista Business?

Need some details!

If you use something like Belarc Advisor, it can tell you what all components you have. Might be able to search up the actual part maker (eg, if it has an Intel video chipset, go to Intel's site, etc) via the model number Belarc gives you.

gateway should have a restore feature. but some of their computer's restore feature requires you to have the cd/dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom