gaps between songs????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugal_loop

Baseband Member
hi guys

i have windows media player 9. i ripped and burnt a bootleg which didnt have gaps between songs until i made a copy...

how can make it so theres NO gaps between songs using windows 9 media player?

cheers

The technology used to create a CD that does not have gaps between tracks is called Disc-at-Once (DAO), which refers to how the laser writes information to the CD. Windows Media Player does not use this technology, so it inserts two-second gaps between the tracks it burns to a CD. To burn CDs that don't have gaps between tracks, you will need to use a plug-in for Windows Media Player, or use a different CD-creation program.

How can I burn a crossfaded CD?
It's not possible to apply crossfading to tracks as they are being burned in the Player. If you are using Windows Media Player 9 Series, you can install the Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-In to add this capability. (Note that a version of this plug-in for Windows Media Player 10 is not available yet.) If you are using Windows Media Player 10, you may need to use another CD-burning software program that eliminates the gaps while burning tracks.

If you are using Windows Media Player for Windows XP or later, you can apply crossfading to the .wma and .mp3 files that you are playing and record the audio output to a single variable-bit-rate .wma file in Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. You can then burn the .wma file that contains the crossfaded tracks to an audio CD or a data CD. For more information about recording audio in Windows Movie Maker, see the question, "How can I rip the tracks on a CD to one file in the Player?" in our Media Advice Archive.

To apply crossfading to the tracks being played in the Player, do the following:

On the View menu, point to Enhancements, and then click Crossfading and Auto Volume Leveling.

Click the Turn on Crossfading link.

Move the slider to select the amount of time that you want the items to overlap.

Note
Crossfading can't be used while playing audio CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom