Gaming Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
So when creating dedicated servers for games and stuff I have problems making them show up on the public servers even though Ive told them to show up. This goes for games like Halo CE for pc and Counter Strike: Source. But what I'm thinking is the problem is my OS isn't exactly the legalist of OS's but its a slimmed down version of XP Called TinyXP Beast Edition and I was wondering if that could be the problem, something that was ripped from the OS that I needed to Create games? Anyone have an idea if that could be the problem.

On another forum somone said firewall, and I know for a fact that that isn't the problem. Neither the router.

When i ran CS:S servers i had the same problem and i was using "leagalist" versions of Windows, so i doubt that is the problem. I was never able to figure out how to get the server listed on the main list of servers, no matter how many times i asked on the steam forums :(

Okay cool, see I asked this guy while playing and he said he was using portable Halo to run the server and he said it ran fine, So I think its my windows. If you want to make it show up on the public servers I think you have to add it in code to a init.txt and make steam read it, But dont qoute me on that please. Anyways merry christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom