Gaming Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

up-smash

In Runtime
I'm getting a new rig and was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for which operating system I should use to utilize most of more cores (quad core i7)

With an i7 you will most likely be running 6gb of ram.

That means Vista home premium 64bit is the os of choice for you.

I've been reading that XP would be better since it doesn't use much of the processing power from RAM or the CPU

And I've only got 3 gigs of DDR3

If you are only running 3gb of ram then xp 32bit would be fine.

Most i7 builds are coming in with 6gb and in that situation vista 64 is better than xp 64.

How much video ram do you have? If you have more than 512mb you will loose the amount over 512 of your ram with a 32bit os.

XP is old and dying Tech. It can not use DX10 which most games use now. So if you really wish to limit the game quality and game looks, go with XP. but if you really want to take advantage of the games, get Vista.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Win7 will be even better.

Not at all. Check out which OS Halo 2 for PC can support. You will see that it is Vista ONLY. How can Vista not support games when there are some games that are Vista only?

i heard that vista 32-Bit cannot run crysis ? but the 62-bit can

also i love your avatar

Not true. If it can run on Vista 64 Bit it can run on Vista 32 bit. Vista 64 Bit has some extra code for the 64 Bit architecture but other than that they are the exact same OS. You can even use a 32 Bit Serial on a 64 bit version. They are exactly the same. So if ti runs on 1 it runs on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom