games on usb flashdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEst way to find out is to give it a shot! - If it's awful, hey, at least you'll know! - And hopefully let the rest of us know :)

Ive tried a couple of different ways, even copying the files from a windows livecd to the flash drive, but it comes up with no operating system found. I wonder if there is another way. Basically what I want to do is play gta 3 on my school laptop during my free period for fun. Since I can't run exe files and I dont have admin privileges I am low on options.

eh... i think my friend who did it with WoW actually had an external harddrive that he was doing it with, not a flash drive... if anyone wants to try with that...? :) - RK

eh... i think my friend who did it with WoW actually had an external harddrive that he was doing it with, not a flash drive... if anyone wants to try with that...? :) - RK

I'm running crysis off my external hdd, and MAN does it lag! lol, aint worth it with high-end games I guess. Stuff like CS:S works fine tho.

jesspren6, the only thing I cn think of is making sure you're trying to boot from the flash drive and not some other hdd with no OS.

I'm running crysis off my external hdd, and MAN does it lag! jesspren6, the only thing I cn think of is making sure you're trying to boot from the flash drive

id imagine the lag would be pretty intense, as the USB would bottleneck it pretty bad... i have my external connected via eSATA, so i dont notice... i know you can play games off an external, but ive never tried booting your OS from one via USB... has anyone? :* - RK

id imagine the lag would be pretty intense, as the USB would bottleneck it pretty bad... i have my external connected via eSATA, so i dont notice... i know you can play games off an external, but ive never tried booting your OS from one via USB... has anyone? :* - RK

I've done it with Linux. Not much different than booting a LiveCD... I've also booted with a Live XP disc too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom