Games goin fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
howdy guys

ive recently wiped my comp, all fresh with vista runnin ok for a few weeks now. My current problem is while playin games the screen goes fuzzy, and i cant do anything... this has occured twice recently,

one when i got halo 2 on... it goes into the game ok, but if i try to change the rez, or alt tab out or anything to do with the monitor, it goes fuzzy, and i even when i exit to the desktop, it will remain fuzzy, making me have to restart the comp.

the second is while tryin to play tomb raider legend. this game was fuzzy as i entered, but i could alt tab to the desktop, and it would be ok... only stuffing up when i tryed to play the game. I installed magictune priemium, and i was able to play again, but when i came to play again today, it was doing it again, and i havnt touched magictune.

so far i have been able to play World of Warcraft, Jedi Knight 2 and 3 fine... i havnt tryed any other games.

Im running a what my sig says, cept my processor is a 5600+ X2... and my monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 940BW

im wondering if this is purely i gfx driver thing, or related to a lack of monitor driver/programs... or just the monitor itslef. Or anything else.

any ideas of the cause of this, and things i can try to fix it.
if you dont know what i mean by fuzzy, heres some pics...

any light on the subject would be great... cheers :)

ok, i just tryed running divx player, and it did the same thing... all fuzzy, having to force restart... wtf is wrong. monitor related, or graphics card, or **** vista?

I would check to see if you have a fan on your graphics card if it's actually going around when switched on. Would also try updating your graphics card drivers.
The graphics problems you are seeing seem to be down to your graphics card over heating. When you try to do something graphics intensive. So run a game, things like that. It seems like your graphics card is over heating. So try dusting out the whole computer.

well, fan is goin for sure, and got the latest drivers

what temp is normal for a 7900GT, cos its sitting at 49 atm while trying to play Warcraft 3 TFT.
Its playing WoW fine, just wont do TFT, even with compatabilty running... still just flickering.

Do like no games work in vista, or just my screwy comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom