Funny prob with blank screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChodja

Solid State Member
My computer runs like a dream, I personally believe. However, lately something weird has been happening. I leave my computer on pretty much all the time and I've never had a problem with that.

Though, lately at random times while I'm away from my computer and not using it, the monitor goes black and won't communicate with the computer. The fans are on, the LEDs for the fans, power, hard drive are on, and the LEDs in my keyboard are still on, it just won't show up on the monitor or respond to keystrokes.

So, I turn off the computer the way you're not supposed to then turn it back on. I get the Active Desktop Recovery screen which doesn't go away even though I have anti-active desktop keys in the Registry.

Does this sound familiar, at all, as a virus or spyware?

Have you tried to just press the power button real quick and see if it comes back? Sounds like it might be in hibernation and only respond to that method of wake up.

I've tried that. Turning hibernation off was one of the first things I did when I gave it a fresh install a long while back. The settings are still the same.

I don't think it's a overheating issue, either. My computer never gets above 44 Celcius and my video card is brand new.

Have you tried updating the drivers for your video card? It may also be standby, but I doubt it since you probably disabled that too.

When I got the card, I got the most recent driver for it. However, I think I solved the Active Desktop issue which, in turn, seems to have solved the blank screen issue. Weird.

I'm not entirely sure how I solved the AD issue, though. lol. I was trying so many things and it just happened to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom