FTP Server for Windows 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I'm starting a web hosting business and I need a good FTP server.

I can use Microsoft's FTP Server for IIS7, but it sucks. I could also use zFtpServer or FileZilla but they both lack the ability to limit the user's directory size.

Who knows a FTP SERVER:
- Secure
- FREE
- Good interface
- Ability to add users (zFTP can be added by using their network interface, a pain but easy, filezilla by adding to XML file)
- Limit disk usage
- Limit DL speed

So, hit me up. I searched for weeks, and I freakin give up.

I'm too the point of making my own in C#.

Making your own will most likely be what you have to do. FileZilla is decent. FlashFXP is the one i like but it isnt free. To get exaxtly what you what and not compromise will require you to code your own. sorry.

Making your own will most likely be what you have to do. FileZilla is decent. FlashFXP is the one i like but it isnt free. To get exaxtly what you what and not compromise will require you to code your own. sorry.

FlashFXP is a client tho, I think, I need a good server.

I'll probably end up making my own as you said. *sigh* I already wrote a program that checks the bandwidth usage for each website. Why not add another thing ;)

So I got to make:
- Service that runs a log scan to check the website bandwidth - DONE, but needs to save data (will get saved to SQL05)
- Complete back end panel.. fun fun fun
- Probably FTP Server

Since FileZilla is open source. Getting the source code would be a good start in creating a customized version.

Already seen all of them :) I'm just gunna find something open source and add the feature I need. WinFTP server is probably the best (and serv-u). When I get money I'll purchase one but for now I need somethin simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom