FTP or internet file sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

we_B_jamin

Solid State Member
FTP or internet file sharing PLZ HELP!!

me and a couple of my friends would like share some files and stuff. Is there any easy "built into windows proprietory microsoft software" and will enable us to do this. YOu know I want to have short cuts to their hard-drives on my desktop. I would mind "signing in" or "logging on" you know for security purposes.

OR is FTP the way to go? If yes, what are the cheap/FREE very easy to use programs with friendly GUI's that are somewhat secure.

Additionally, are there any good P2P or public ftp servers that you guys would be willing to let me know about?

thanks a bunch :beard:

I don't know of any free FTP servers you can use but you might be able to start one up yourself and creating a password for it so only you and your friend can use it

Hmm well if by any chance u happen to be running windows 2003 server i know i have a FTP server built into it, But yeah a good free FTP server i used to use is called 'Serv-U' i ferget if you can set passwords and what not .. its bin a while... but yeah and for a FTP client thiers a good one called 'WS_FTP'... so you and all ur friends get both of those programs and just set them up and ull be up and sharen ur files in.. well minutes.. or hours.. lol.. hope erything werks out with that..

XP Pro and Windows 2000 also have a built in FTP service.

I would google Free FTP, I bet there are some out there.

you can trade files a number of different ways. if you want to try ftp- i've been using 'bulletproof ftp' since win95 came out, personally i think its the best ftp app ever. it also has an ftp server too. you could use p2p, the easiest way would be to just use im. send files through aim or whatever u use. if not p2p, normally turn to newsgroups or irc to get my sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom