Fresh INStall Wont happen!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrstbster

Solid State Member
Good NEw MB and NEw Video Card. Ati All in wonder and Asus A7N8x-x Athlon XP 2000+. Bios is reading theCd and booting to it. But Going through the set up Files it stops and won't go any further at "Setup is Starting Windows" and it just sits there. Burned new Xp CD's and still nothing the drive was formatted on another PC so its clean. Could it be that the Drive is bad, 20 gig Fugitsu I have seen a recall on these from gateway. Had a gateway fell aprt and scrapped all the pieces That still worked. I guess this piece is at is breaking point. I got another 80 gig drive i will try set up on but thinking ssame thing might happen still have to transfer all the data off of it. Any Ideas why it wont go past "setup is Starting Windows" been sitting for over 10 minutes and nothing.

It is whats happening, But i got past hat well sometimes I can. I had to reset MB to factory settings to get to install. Then LAN wasnt working like a dumbass I thought something was wrong. So i tried to install on a new drive (really an Old drive 20 gig Fugistu) to no avail same problems even more errors. Now i can start the install and somefiles are copied wrong on the cd es.dll what the hell is that I have formatted 3 times now NTFS I think i will go back to FAT 32 never seemed to have this many problems. Well it seems as I was typing it has all the Files on disk now and we are at 27 % and moving. I will update in a few minutes. Thanks for the input it helped me but why would they be the wrong drivers I have setup XP on these same drivesbefore and neverhadthis much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom