fresh copy of XP runs slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny501

Solid State Member
this is kind of hard to explain but ill do my best.

i installed a fresh copy of windows xp with sp2 built into it on a machine. this machine previously had xp media center edition 2005 on it. it ran fast with no problems when it was new. i had to reformat due to a bunch of really bad viruses but nonetheless, xp pro is running fine with one exception....when you try to drag a window across the screen, like the my computer folder for example, it "skips" along the screen. it doesnt move as fast like my other machines do. also you notice it when the welcome screen is loading....the waves dont flow nicely, they skip. almost like something is slowing the computer down. it doesnt make any sense though, because this is a brand new install of windows. theres nothing on it to slow it down and no viruses because it hasnt even been hooked up to the internet yet. i cant make any sense of this and i was hoping that you guys could help me out. thanks.

That because there is no video drivers. The XP is using default drivers and it skips when you drag or scroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom