Frequent Windows Explorer Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaDDaWg836

Solid State Member
Hello again, you guys have done a great job answering my first thread ( thank you all) but this time, this problem has been happening for quite a while. Windows explorer always has to shut down so im not sure what to do. this has been very frusrating since some of the programs have to be reloaded manually which is very tidious,

This is what happen and the error report it tries to send
Capture3-20-2005-9.50.18%20PM.jpg

Also, when i am downloading a big file, it gives this error
Capture3-20-2005-9.51.25%20PM.jpg

i hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance - MaDDaWg836

i would start with a virus and spyware scan, maybe you got some bugs flying around in there.

i tried a norton virus scanner and spybot and ad-aware, everything comes clean

i also have tried to uninstall and reinstall that, but ill try again.

this has been happening for a couple of months, so thats the wierd thing. microsoft (webpage) said i needed to install SP2 =\, so i did that and it just started again a week ago. its even more frquent with SP2

id try scanning for viruses/spyware.Avast is supposed to be the best free scanner up there, and about as good as mcafee if you dont have one already, as long as you get the home addition though. Spybot and ad-aware is also a good thing to have.

edit:took out last part of my post, since i looked your post over and its windows exploring, not IE.....my bad

Try a System file check, use the same XP CD home or pro and type in the command prompt:
sfc /scannow, it will then look for any corrupted windows files and replace them from the CD. If not I have had a simular issue as the profile was corupt and all I did was create a new username and copy data to the new profile. Check the event viewer and look for any errors that look simular to the error, go to eventid.net and type in the EID.

ok well, i finally got fed up with SP2 so i uninstalled it, but now whenever i try to click windows update, it freezes =\

i tried that scanner thing but it gives all these errors like its the wrong CD or sumthin

did you try that scan before you rermoved Sp2 or after? I have had an issue where it would ask for a windows sp2 cd. I think I removed sp2 and then did the scan, then reinstalled Sp2.

If not use you windows xp cd and boot from it. Continue like your going to instaled a fresh copy and it will detect that their is already on install. all you neeed to do repair it as it will copy over a new windows folder. Data is still OK. You may need to reinstall some apps. See how you go. If not install IE6 Sp1 as one of the errors suggests that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom