Intel Quad 6600
Gigabyte P45 DS3L
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1066Mhz PC2 8500 2GB Kit
Seatgate Barracuda 500gb Sata HD

My other parts are not too old as well, they include:

RMA EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked + Accelero S1 Cooler
Antec Sonata II Case
Corsair 750 TX Power Supply

I installed Windows XP w/ SP3 and everything works fine but for some reason, it randomly freezes on me. No blue screen, no auto restart, just freezes. Nothing is overclocked and my CPU and Video Card temps seems to be normal. (tested with Speedfan and Rivatuner) I tested the ram using MemTest86 and it clears 100% no errors.

I also disabled C1E, EIST/Speedstop but the freezing continues.

Also, I'm getting a very wierd error upon booting up;

When I shut down windows, and start it back up, it freezes on the windows XP logo (the loading screen), when I restart my computer, it turns on, but then shuts off, then turns back on after a few seconds, and shuts off again! it goes on in a cycle, untill i have to manually shut off the computer using the power supply. When I boot it up again, windows asks me which configuration to use, when I choose the Normal windows boot, it freezes on the loading screen and the problem i mentioned above will happen. However, if I choose the 'load previous good configuration' windows boots normally, and I still get random freezes.

I know it's a alot to read, I'm sorry, but I'm desperate to get my new rig running. Any advice iwould be appreciated, thanks!

Open up the error log, they have red X's beside them. Copy and paste the description onto here, and someone will look at it to see how to fix it.

Moved to Windows. Sounds like a Software related problem more than hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom