Freeware CD encrytion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
Hey, does anyone know of any freeware CD encryption software for XP. It needs to be strong, AES 256 preferablly, and needs to function from the CD without the recipient of the CD needing to install any software - like a digital vault. Also the licence has to include commercial use as I want to use it at work.
Big ask, I know, but if you have any suggestions they'd be welcome.

Thanks for posting but that's no good, for one I don't know if you can extend windows encryption to removable media, and even if you can how is the other person going to decrypt it? the point of the exercise is that I need to send encrypted data to a third party who won't have any special encryption/decryption software installed on their computer.
SO what I want is that when they receive the CD, the put it in the drive and it autoruns prompting them for a password... beyond that it should be completely transparent for them. At the most they might double click on a .exe and then be prompted for a password. This third party is government so I'm not expecting them to be overly blessed in the brains department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom