Free Windows Vista Ultimate - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
forrestcupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 692
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnico88 View Post
who, cares for how long, after you get your DVD, just reformat the Computer. I was thinking maybe install this on my secondary drive and boot from there from time to time, just surf a few websites and after that, wipe it clean.
Well, considering they'll have all your information before they give you your DVD, and MS isn't known for being nice about things, I'd probably be careful about going back on the agreement after they give you an expensive product.
__________________

forrestcupp is offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,585
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

i think they send you the stuff after you have abided for 3 months
so if you feel like not abiding per the terms, you don't get squat

I don't know what all the negativity is with some people (here and the other forums) regarding this...what are you afraid they'll see? lol

But it's not they are asking for information for free, they ask if you want this, and agree to this, do this and that...seems all good to me. Do it if you want, don't if you don't.
__________________

atomic tofu is offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Deadpixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 844
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

I think their is a faster way to get Vista Ultimate, and not have big brother watching you.

Trotter. I sugges you use EASYBCD if you decide to dual boot, they have excellant forums that will help you
__________________
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Deadpixel is offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

i just may try this... I don't have anything to hide.. all i really do on this system is Halo, Xfire, SF, Warrock and T.F.
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
forrestcupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 692
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic tofu View Post
i think they send you the stuff after you have abided for 3 months
so if you feel like not abiding per the terms, you don't get squat

I don't know what all the negativity is with some people (here and the other forums) regarding this...what are you afraid they'll see? lol

But it's not they are asking for information for free, they ask if you want this, and agree to this, do this and that...seems all good to me. Do it if you want, don't if you don't.
The 3 month thing sounds plausible, and the OP's quoted site says 3 months, but I don't see anything about 3 months on MS's web site. Somebody tell me where this came from.

Also, I don't have anything to hide. If all it was is having tracking software on my computer, it wouldn't be a big deal. But to get the free software, you also have to do a 15 minute survey once every two weeks. That's ok for 3 months, but not for the rest of my life. But again, MS's web site doesn't say anything about 3 months.
forrestcupp is offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
forrestcupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 692
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

Boy! Guess what, guys. Their web site doesn't say they'll give you software anymore. Just a couple of hours ago I saw it on MS's web site. I just checked again, and no where on there does it say that they will give you Vista Ultimate. Earlier today it said you had your choice of Vista Ultimate, Office 2007 Ultimate, and a few other things. It said the deadline was something like Dec. 29, 2007. All of that is gone now.

Sorry, folks.

Now who still wants to participate even though you don't get anything out of it. Their FAQ says that in consideration of your participation you will receive a license for the software they use for tracking you. Wow, thanks!
forrestcupp is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Corrupt Techie
 
aetherh4cker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 752
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
Boy! Guess what, guys. Their web site doesn't say they'll give you software anymore. Just a couple of hours ago I saw it on MS's web site. I just checked again, and no where on there does it say that they will give you Vista Ultimate. Earlier today it said you had your choice of Vista Ultimate, Office 2007 Ultimate, and a few other things. It said the deadline was something like Dec. 29, 2007. All of that is gone now.

Sorry, folks.

Now who still wants to participate even though you don't get anything out of it. Their FAQ says that in consideration of your participation you will receive a license for the software they use for tracking you. Wow, thanks!
Well that sucks... I was interested in this and now regret not signing up...

If anyone finds out about the offer still being there... let me know!
__________________
aetherh4cker is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,585
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

someone ask them from this page if they still give it, hehe

Contact Us

I've already signed up and hope to get my free software(S)!
atomic tofu is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 889
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnico88 View Post
who, cares for how long, after you get your DVD, just reformat the Computer.
Yea but they could watch you for like a whole year untill they decide to give you a copy, just buy an oem for like £100 cheaper than that for prem n home
__________________
jay_bo is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Corrupt Techie
 
aetherh4cker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 752
Default Re: Free Windows Vista Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic tofu View Post
someone ask them from this page if they still give it, hehe

Contact Us

I've already signed up and hope to get my free software(S)!
I e-mailed them asking what was up...

... I hope the offer hasn't expired. I'm building a new PC in April, and if I could get a free 64-Bit Vista Ultimate in March... that would be like... totally cool.
__________________

__________________
aetherh4cker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Vista Death Watch EricB Microsoft Windows and Software 112 11-20-2007 12:20 PM
Windows Vienna (Blackcomb) mssssee2 Microsoft Windows and Software 16 09-23-2007 03:57 AM
Windows Vienna re-codenamed Windows Mesa ??? Joe Li Off Topic Discussion 30 08-31-2007 05:09 AM
windows vista ultimate rookie1010 Microsoft Windows and Software 6 07-17-2007 08:31 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.