Free Windows desktop themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrBebop26, most of these programs, or any programs, should I say, that do what you want will take up a LOT of your processing power, and will slow you down a lot.
However, I've used Windows Blinds, free version, I know there is one because I had it, and it was nice.

-SkyHi

Okay, so I was investigating LiteStep. ATIRAGEPRO was correct,
LiteStep is a fully skinnable Shell Replacement for Windows.

However, in replaceing explorer.exe, it also adds on a lot of baggage, for instance, for all the special added features, it adds more processes (or should I just say.. make explorer.exe take up a lot more CPU usage). This in turn, will slow down your computer. It does give you a lot of action, but as ATIRAGEPRO said
no resources lost...
is in fact, untrue. It still uses more resources than if you didn't use it, and a lot of them.

-SkyHi

PS- You can still try it, but remove it if you don't like the effect. Also, I had problems with it, and be careful because it changes your registry and lots of other things, too. Sorry ATIRAGEPRO, but my input is to not use this program and it's skins.

anyone who knows where can i find a desktop theme for xp ... with Punisher (the movie) ?

heyu said:
anyone who knows where can i find a desktop theme for xp ... with Punisher (the movie) ?

Sorry about this, but I don't want to go to the sites, as they might have spyware, so here it goes:

Go to google, and google punisher desktop theme and check the links, you might find what you want, but you might not.

-SkyHi

Style XP seems to clunky to me, not to mention they still attach 3rd party junk to some of thier themes even if you pay for it. Windowsblinds has gotten much better and uses much less resources than older versions. I use niether.

I went to Belchfire.net and installed the "multi-patcher". It replaces the uxtheme.dll allowing you to install unsigned visual styles and themes within Windows without having a 3rd party app installed.

The patcher is free though they do have a pay product as well. Use the multi-patcher, it's nice. They have a full tutorial explaining it all and allot of nice themes and styles. You can use themes and styles from anywhere if you don't like the ones on Belchfire so long as you can extract them properly.

Here's the tutorial for installing visual styles and themes once you have the "multi-patcher" installed.

Note, this only works with Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom