Free High-Quality XP Home Installation Screenshots - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Lightbulb Free High-Quality XP Home Installation Screenshots

Hey there,

I've put together a quality tech-support site for my fellow students at my small American university in Switzerland.

In the process of making extensive guides that show how to format, optimize and protect Windows, I made some nice tiffs of the hard to capture Windows installation.

Download my collection HERE

Hope anyone finds these useful for future tutorials, etc

Check out my work in the JustFCIT Guides section of the JustFCIT site

OK fammisentire (let me know)

Old 08-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to TheHeadFL

The XP Home installation one looks like it took a lot of work. Looks like you've got a pretty good guide there. I just skimmed it, but its detailed.

Desktop machine: 2 x Opteron 246, Asus K8N-DL, 2GB PC3200 ECC Reg., XFX GeForce 6600GT, 74gb WD Raptor, 2 x 19\" LCDs, Windows XP x64
Server machine: Intel P4 3.0GHz 2MB EM64T, ECS i865pe, 1GB PC3200, 36gb WD Raptor, Windows Server 2003
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 9100 (Intel P4 3.2GHz 1MB Prescott, i865pe, 512MB PC3200, Mobility Radeon 9700, DVD+R/DL Burner), Windows XP
Linux: P3 450Mhz, 386MB ram, Slackware 10.1 (Running mySQL/Apache)
Old 08-15-2005, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

A lot of work, you said it!

Well I have been the school techie for some time, and as my senior project they let me expand my hope of a decent tech guide with screenshots,

Yeah it is pretty detailed although it's for XP Home installation only. I don't think anyone should use XP Pro unless you are in a corporate setting where you need multiple user accounts and domain login.

Of course all the guides are free to use, share, etc

Closed Thread