Free animation software for Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech2011

Solid State Member
Hello Tech Forums members!
I've been searching online for a while now for an animation program for Windows that is free. I've been looking and I've tried a couple but they were either too complex or didn't work very well. I'm looking for a program that can run on x64 Windows 7. It doesn't need to be complex, but I need one that can do it well. I can't afford to pay for any animation software so free would be great! Thanks for your assistance!
Tech2011

What kind of animation software? I can do simple animations in Paint.NET and GIMP easily. So what are you looking for when you say animation software? Something that you can do a CGI Movie with or what?

I'm looking for something that I can control frame-by-frame. Adobe Fireworks is a good example of what I'm looking for, except something that is free and is not made by Adobe. (Haha!) CGI movies or animated GIFs are acceptable. I've used GIMP but it itsn't ideal to use it for animations.

Well really GIMP and Paint.NET are going to be your main ones. I have not seen any other photo manipulation tools out there other than Photoshop that are even close.

You could try out AZ Paint Animated GIF Editor.

If you want to do 3d CGI-type stuff, you're not going to find anything simple because that's a very complicated thing. If you want to learn it, though, Blender is where it's at for free software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom