freaking msn messenger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, just having got my new pc (sig) running good, and got halo running, went to have a multiplayer match with some bros acrost town, and wanted to use msn for voice chat as usual, and i get a freakin error that says it cant connect. ive tried msn 7.0, 7.5, and trillian, none of em log on, ive tried 3 of my msn accounts, nothing, go to my other pc, and it works perfect. what could cause this? included is a picture of what it says.

yes, username and password are correct, and yahoo connects, im using the pc right now to type this ^_^

Attachments

• zunethemeerror.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 37
MSN has been having problems lately. Just keep trying.

You could reset your router if you are using one, but I'm not really into networking or anything.

PS = Your running Halo with 256MB of RAM? *Laughs*

yea, i already reset the router...still not working, works perfect on my 366 celeron.

hey, 256 is to drag me along until febuary, this pc absolutely screams, after i turned on udma 5, when i installed it was set at pio mode 4, and was like 15 seconds for halo levels to load, did that, takes less than 3.

yea, im about to get fraps to see what my fps are.

also, im considering reinstalling, because this was my storage drive, i just poped it in, so it has like 50GB of crap, and 15 for the os and games (2 partitions). i got my 40gb working, just lost everything. im just gonna start over, after of course i fnd bearshare 5.2.0 standard.

i just realized, im burning a cd, raring some files, got like 5 firefoxes open, wmp, photoshop, Zune Software, and i had halo minimized in the back, and its still goin hella fast (w 40mb of free ram)

That's impossible.

(I haven't tried all that on my computer, but with a better processor and video card than yours, it would probably scream).

I think a Geforce 6100 256MB is better than an MX4000.

i get a little lag with the onboard, i dont know why, but its smoother with the 4000.

yea im just considering a reinstall...every other pc in the house connects to msn.

o, and its not 256mb, it stole 64mb of my ram...

EDIT: lol, just lookin at some video cards, seen the 8800GTX, i was like, no thats to big, looked at it...its only 9 inches long. wtf, even my case can fit that, mine is 13!

there could be 3 problems:

1) The system clock may be set incorrectly

2) The Dynamic Link Library (DLL) softpub.dll, may not be registered on the system

3) Internet Explorer may be using an invalid proxy server

...little late, i reinstalled, and the clock was off by a whole year. it said 1/11/06

well, it reinstalled, takes 4 1/2 rolls of the xp slider thing for it to desktop, and takes 26 seconds from the time i hit the button for it to desktop when i hibernate.

and i said screw it to 7.5, i went ahead and got live 8.0...since i dont gotta worry about the system boggin down and freezin no more. well, prob solved, just wish i heard that a invalid clock would of done it, i never woulda thought that...freaking new computers, the date and time was right from newegg, just the year was wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom