Fraps Alternative?

Well I tried it and it actually worked fine, so gonna try the additional stuff that Mike posted below to see if I can smallen it a bit more.

Gonna try this and see how it goes. Thanks for all the suggestions guys :). This thread can now be closed.

Yea what he said is pretty much I was saying to do. I personally would just record in full quality (if you have the space) 1 video at a time then encode the higher quality video to something smaller to lose less quality.

So I made this video with a different purpose, but when all was said and done I thought of this thread.

I recorded full size, 30fps with FRAPS and the main file size came out to be almost 1GB in size for such a small movie.

I then used Handbrake (free download) with the normal profile (no tweaking or anything) and it dropped the movie size down to 44MB.

Skyrim Glitch - YouTube

So I made this video with a different purpose, but when all was said and done I thought of this thread.

I recorded full size, 30fps with FRAPS and the main file size came out to be almost 1GB in size for such a small movie.

I then used Handbrake (free download) with the normal profile (no tweaking or anything) and it dropped the movie size down to 44MB.

Skyrim Glitch - YouTube

I see your attempt at it it looks swell but I laugh and hand you this:

Blu-ray Ripper - Rip Blu-ray to video converter, create DVD and transfer iPhone files
For 30fps for about 1-3 minutes yes sir, you'll have the same size like I do when I record.
Record at 1 hour and sweet jesus end up with a 35gb+ file.. #_#
Been using the blu-ray ripper since christmas 2010, file sizes it produces is wonderfull even when played on a cheap phone it looks sexy most times. ;)

Also I want to teach you a trick I learned with fraps, if I can get my wireless adapter working I'll contact you late tonight.

Handbrake is an excellent and widely used encoder, it works well on bigger files too. I'll record longer and see how well it does.

28GB file to 1.22GB isn't shabby. Can't really tell the quality difference either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom