Found this in my Font folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillarkat

Baseband Member
I went to save some fonts to my Font folder and when I opened it this is what I found:
$NtUninstallKB824141$

as well as a bunch of others all similiar and taking up a lot o=f space. Does this mean anything to anyone, if it is something I need to get rid of I need to know, never saw this before, and they were all hyperlinks.

Thanks in advance,

Cindy

Never seen/heard of em but I would avoid clicking em if I were you.

Do you have any antivirus software? If so I recommend you update and scan.

If you dont have one a free one can be found here.

If that doesnt catch anything it may be spyware/adware. Try running Spybot Seach & Destroy (can be found thru google) and Ad-Aware 6 (same).

I've never seen such files in the fonts folder ... i would hafta agree with sharpnill on this one ..Run an AV scan

Just another thing ... Such folders are created in the windows folder when u install windows update
Just make sure ..u didn't accidently move 'em in the fonts folder

Thanks Shrapnill I will check those programs out, I haven't and WILL not click on them .....I seem to have more problems then I need on here and this is XP I bet there is some type of adware Junk on here.,
\
Thanks so much for the advice.

Cindy

Thanks Preet2U I haven't installed any new updates yet so I don;t think it's that, but I do get a ton of errors from IE6, I mean I will be in the middle of typing and it will open up then XP gives me an error message, I wonder if IE6 can be unistalled then put back????? without doing any harm.

isnt that a backup file from a service pack installation? on 2k, i get the same file, but it is just backing up my crucial system files in case an uninstall of the service pack is required.

olrite ...this is a common virus ..i'm sorry ..but i can't recall it's name rite now ..it crashs IE when u start typing a webaddress...n' pops up an send report dialogue box ....

Just update ur virus defs... n' scan the machine for viruses
i don't think u'll hafta reinstall IE after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom