Formatting vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to format a hdd with 2 copies of vista on it. A new and an "old". I'd like to remove the old one , but when I try to boot with the vista disc , it says "press any key to continue", so I do , and the computer just boots normally. The install disk doesn't give you the option of deleting other partitions from within windows. Any suggestions?

It should give you the option, ensure that you have boot from CD as the first boot device.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, are both of the OS's Vista? Or did you upgrade your XP and XP is now Windows.old folder?

If for whatever reason the Vista CD isn't working you can use something like GPart to delete the partition, then reinstall Vista just once.

How did you get two installations of Vista on one drive?

Surely you can try GParted or any of the other free tools out there that are in the Sticky threads.

Yes the install disc DOES give you options to delete partitions. You are not looking close enough.

Installing Windows Vista - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

To be exact this image:

Select%20a%20Partition.png

Right there it shows you that you can delete a selected partition, format it or if you have space create a new partition.

The options are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom