Formatting a USB memory pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I have a 16mb USB memory pen that I brought to save some files from my xbox. I now don't requrie it, so I would like to use it to save files from my pc.

Is it possible to format these? and if it is, would I be able to save anything to them, with out any software (apart from Windows XP)??

Thnaks trif.

Goto My computer and right click on the USB Pen Drive, select format and choose settings. Click on OK/Start and it will be done.

Waynejkruse10's way will also work but this is just another option.:)

Drworm2005.

drworm2005's method is the most idiot proof, but if there is other stuff u need to do, u can do it in disk management. Eg. If it doesnt show up, you need to create a partition and DM can do that.

It is not assigned a letter (apart from 0, which is not a letter) so I can't do it in my computer.

I can not find disk managment, I thought it was in system tools, but it isn't. It is not in control pannel either......

edit: I found it, good 'o' google :p

dm4op.jpg
It is disk one, but I can't format it.... What do I do now?

Sorry i re-read your post and made a mistake, the only way you will able to format it is to make winXP recognise it therefore you will have to install atleast some basic drivers for it.

What brand of pen drive is it.

Drworm2005.

I have the drivers, I was hoping to use the universal ones with xp, as the drivers are probally crap ones, and they wont be much use, as they were designed for a action replay (please note I have not and will not use it for cheats, I used it for a memory card.)

If I update the drivers, will that work? (using xp, not the drivers that came with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom